Includes: all accommodation, meals from lunch day 1 to breakfast day 9 and entrance fees. Swimming with sea lions and whale flights are not included.
See the Great Australian Bight in all its glory from whales to wildflowers, starting in Port Lincoln and traveling to Esperance in Western Australia. This is not your average trip across the Nullarbor! You will be traveling by 4WD in groups of two to six people and taking the ‘back roads’. You will see places the average Nullarbor traveler never dreamed of, and you will be staying in either motel or hostel accommodation.
You will see Southern Right Whales, numerous species of birds and wildflowers, and travel through an area steeped in history. Follow Edward John Eyre’s epic expedition and visit the lonely grave of John Baxter (murdered on Eyre’s expedition). Along this route is the old Overland Telegraph Line, surveyed by John Forrest. You will even stay at the remote Eyre Telegraph Station.
Feel the starkness of the Nullarbor and view the giant caverns under it. Experience the fury of the Southern Ocean smashing onto rugged coast and endless cliffs. Look for the graceful oceanic birds as they soar the cliff edges after a storm and the Ospreys and bottle-nosed dolphins feeding in the secluded waters they prefer. Look for the Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat ands tand on the open plain on a frosty night and be transfixed by the incredible beauty of a starry night in the crystal clear air of the outback sky. The diversity of this tour is second to none and it is a must for those who want to enjoy the freedom and rugged beauty of this region, but still enjoy the comforts of civilization.
Inclusions: All meals, All entry fees, activities and tours, All accommodation, GST
Exclusions: Cage dive with the Great White Sharks ($395 p.p. extra $100 on the boat if you wish to enter the water), Swim with sea lions and dolphins OE ($195 p.p.), Whale flights, Flight from Adelaide to Port Lincoln.($150 p.p.)
– Pick up from Port Lincoln Airport
– Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise
– Lunch Del-Giorno’s award winning seafood restaurant
– Marina walk
– Overnight Port Lincoln Hotel
Day 2 :
– Port Lincoln Town Tour
– Travel via Sheringa, Locks Well, Elliston and Talia Caves
– Swim with sea lions and dolphins in their own natural habitat (OE) or visit Point Labatt the only main land colony of Australian Sealions
– Venus Bay South Head Walk – dolphins surfing the waves
– Murphy’s haystacks – granite inselbergs
– Overnight Coodlie Park Farm Retreat
– Nocturnal Wildlife and Stargazing Tour
Optional Experience: ‘Cage dive with the Great White Sharks’ can be added, only then all the activities planned for this day come to expire.
After the ‘Cage dive with the Great White Sharks we will continue our journey to Coodlie Park for our overnight stay.
Day 3 :
– Ceduna Aboriginal Culture Centre Experience
– Fresh Oysters on deserted and pristine beach
– Overnight Private Units Fowlers Bay
Day 4 :
– Head of Bight – Southern Right Whales [April – November]
– Bunda Cliffs
– Eucla Telegraph Station
Day 5 :
– The True Nullarbor
– Eyre Bird Observatory
– Overnight Eyre Bird Observatory
Day 6 :
– Travel via 4 Wheel Drive track to Cape le Grande and Esperance
– Overnight Esperance
Day 7 :
– Travel via Cape Le Grande, Esperance and Stirling Ranges to Albany
Day 8 :
– The coast rock formations of Albany
– Kauri Forests and Tingle Trees
– Tree Top Walk and the Diamond Tree
– Overnight Margaret River
Day 9 :
– Sample the produce of the Margaret River, its wine, cheeses, chocolates and Ice creams
– Koomal Dreaming – Ngilgi Cave aboriginal Culture Experience
– Travel into Western Australia’s Capital City Perth
– Cage dive with the Great White Sharks ($395 p.p.)
Extra $100 on the boat if you wish to enter the water. Calypso Star (wetsuit and DVD highlight package included)
The first one day shark tour in Australia – all meals and drinks are included. Sharks are easily visible from the boat and each person will spend a minimum of 30 minutes in the actual cage. The rental of the wetsuit and a video highlights package is also included in the price (normal value $75).
– Swim with sea lions and dolphins ($195 p.p.) To be paid to the operator on the day
This is an amazing experience – you may have swum with dolphins at other places around the world but the interaction that you will have with the sea lions and dolphins at Bairds Bay will leave you breathless. Bairds bay is a very sheltered bay on the Eyre Peninsula and passengers board the boat for a short ride to our first stop which is to swim with sea lions. This takes place in approximately 2 metres of water. It is a natural experience and the sea lions come into the sheltered lagoon to interact with us. After this, we head further out into the bay to swim with the dolphins. This happens in four metres of water but is still within the sheltered bay. The tour is 3-4 hours, wetsuit and snorkel equipment is provided at no additional cost
– Flight from Adelaide to Port Lincoln and from Port Lincoln to Adelaide ($150)
If you want us to book your flights from Adelaide to Port Lincoln, choose this extra.
– 9 day tours depart Port Lincoln daily *
* Subject to availability of outsourced tours
– Minimum 2 people
– Tour can be confirmed on availability of outsourced tours